Saturday, December 16, 2006

Best of 2006 - #50-41

So here we go. The best of the year. All of these are unabashedly ranked according to my own personal preference. If you liked my 42 better than my 16, to each his own I suppose. If I "left something off" there's a good chance it's just becauase I didn't have the chance to listen to it fully, or maybe I just didn't like it. I ranked 50 albums here, cut me some slack, I can't listen to music ALL the time. I think thats pretty much the disclaimer. Enjoy.

50) LCD Soundsystem – Introns
Compilation of B-sides, live stuff proves to be an enjoyable listen.

49) Destroyer – Destroyer’s Rubies
It was at this point that I got really tired of writing something for each of these. This is just another good album, okay?

48) Sparklehorse - Dreamt For Light Years In The Belly Of A Mountain
Dreamy pop from guy with oddly named band with equally oddly named album.

47) The DFA – The DFA Remixes, Chapter 1
Dance wizards extend, remix nine songs, and somehow make a coherent sounding CD.

46) Built to Spill – You In Reverse
Still putting out good music, eight minute jams after all these years.

45) Cut Chemist – The Audience’s Listening
One-time Jurassic 5 turntablist goes it alone, fares far better without them then they fare without him.

44) The Thermals – The Body, The Blood, The Machine
For when I like to rock out to lyrically well written songs pumped out at an often frantic pace. Like on Thursdays.

43) Basement Jaxx – Crazy Itch Radio
Duo opts not to go quite as all-out as previous efforts, still makes excellent music. And a music video with dancing communist bears.

42) The Fiery Furnaces – Bitter Tea
Year proves bro and sister are better when they work together. That said, I still can’t claim I entirely understand any of the work they do. Reversed vocals trip me out.

41) Men, Women & Children – Men, Women & Children
Disco is not dead, neither are animal costumes. Why the hell not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home